Just a quick weekend re-cap for those who are too lazy to navigate the local blogs now that Mark “The Righteous Fist” Souder
has shut down all of the Indiana meth labs…
John Good blogged a great piece
on his father, who was obviously an American worth our admiration and respect.
- William Larsen took a brief moment to talk about parades and his own experiences.
- Mike Sylvester publishes an unsurprisingly lengthy tome of his thoughts and feelings on Memorial Day…(you know we love ya, Mike!)
- Coffee tells a tale of redneck relatives at a weekend family gathering. Be advised: due to a busted-ass template and Blogger’s failure to trackback properly, you’ll just have to go to her homepage and scroll down until you see a post titled “The Rednex.”
- Mat Rupert (“Native With Leave” in the parlance of FWOb) throws a backyard campfire party (and lives to tell the tale) with a little introspective on the male human psyche.
- Tim Baron from Fort Wayne Area Artists unleashes a fine new B&W for comment (ok, not Memorial Day related, but the timing was appropriate and hey, he obviously had this artwork on his mind this holiday weekend!).
- Leo Morris offers some post-holiday commentary on wars and the sometimes-ugly business of soldiering and warring.
- Bartleby checked out for the weekend.
I think that just about wraps up everyone who had a weekend/Memorial Day related post. If I had to make a wager, I’d say AWB
were fishing, though it’s unlikely that they were together. The Heart of Gold
could make a VERY long trip based on that level of improbability…then again, the Universe might just implode.